Article translated by an automatic translation system. Press here for further information.
Communication of Pilgrim Hostels in the event of a health emergency
We transfer the information we have received from Hostels of Pilgrims regarding the measures taken in the event of a health emergency:
HOSTELS FOR PILGRIMS
We report on the steps that have been taken in recent hours in collaboration with the following contacts:
- Association of Municipalities of the Camino de Santiago Francés in Castilla y León
- Federation of Associations of the Camino de Santiago de Levante.
- Asociación Zamorana de los Caminos de Santiago (this association is the coordinator of all the hostels of the Vía de la Plata in Castilla y León and of the Camino Sanabrés).
- Pilgrims are being informed that they are coming from the current situation in our country, with a health emergency that requires them to suspend the stages and return to their countries of origin.
- The pilgrim already on the Camino is calling to ask if the hostels are still open and is being informed of the situation on time.
- The smaller Paths (Silver Route, Mozarabic Route, Camino de Levante) already have the pilgrims in controlled route, because between the hostels are being informed of the pilgrims coming and coming from these accommodations.
- The French Way may in principle be a little more problematic but they think that in 4 or 5 days they can have the Camino free of pilgrims with these measures:
- They are already warning pilgrims of the need to suspend the Camino and return to their homes.
- They are informing them that the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela has closed so the reason for being of the Camino has been lost for now.
- To ensure that pilgrims who are doing the Camino are not going to be neglected, it is proposed to leave open some “strategic” Camino hostels to inform (not to accommodate) the situation and what their options are.
- Many hostels are already opting for closure on a voluntary basis.