Article translated by an automatic translation system. Press here for further information.
Sigüeiro to Santiago de Compostela
Only four hours separate us from Obradoiro Square. There is nothing left!
Information about the stage 6: Sigüeiro to Santiago de Compostela
- Km 0. Sigüeiro(All services)
- Only four hours separate us from the Plaza del Obradoiro and, moreover, being fortunate that we do not have to take the return trip to board again in Ferrol or A Coruña. Past the Casa del Concello we take the rustic next to the bar and turn left by the rustic do Tambre. The first on the right is Camiño Real, which we follow until the exit of Sigüeiro. We cross the Tambre River and continue along the road until we reach a gas station where just before passing it a street to the right comes out which we take, then we turn the first intersection to the left by a paved track between cultivation fields. Later we turn right to pass a bridge over the highway to continue left parallel to this one for a few meters and turn right again to reach the first houses of Vila de Marantes. Here we take a dirt track to the left and we alternate earth and asphalt overcoming the small nuclei of Marantes, Vilafernandez, Shorts and A Lameira to reach the N-550 again. We advance through the national for about a hundred meters after passing the river Sionlla twist to the right to go below the railroad tracks and continue on a nice dirt track surrounded by forest to the place of Formaris at the height of the Hotel Castro
- Km 8.5. Formaris.
- We continue on the dirt road to the stream Salgueiro by a nice forest and after just over a mile we reach the first industrial buildings of the polygon of Tambre.
- Km 11.2. Polygon of Tambre(Bar)
The passage through the polygon is not complicated, it must always be traversed in front of Via Galileo. We took about 20 minutes to dump the rustic do Tambre in the place of Meixonfrio. You have to be careful to take a few meters later the rustic do Río, which leaves by right hand (Km 13,1) . It leaves on a hill to the rustic Camiño dos Vilares, which we follow to the left. There is nothing left to drop until the Camiño do Chan de Curros, where the towers of the cathedral already take off. We cross the Pablo Iglesias Park, where there is the medieval aqueduct known as Ponte Mantible, of times of Archbishop Gelmírez. When we reach the avenue of Castelao we no longer find reliable signs, so we must cross through the traffic light the avenue Xoán XXIII and enter the rustic parallel of da Pastoriza (Km 15.1) .
We link front by rua dos Basquiños to continue by rua Santa Clara, which becomes rua dos Loureiros. By the porta da Pena and the plaza de San Martín Pinario, where we see from another perspective this monastery, we access the rustic da Troia. As soon as we left, we took to the right the rustic of Acibechería, that of the teachers who labored the jet, thus converging with the pilgrims who come from Monte do Gozo. Through the Plaza de la Inmaculada, between San Martín Pinario and the northern facade of the Azabacheria, attracted by the sound of some of the Gaitas that resonate in the passageway, we complete the last meters that separate us from the Plaza del Obradoiro
- Km 16.5. Santiago de Compostela(All services)