Article translated by an automatic translation system. Press here for further information.
How to get Compostela in COVID-19 times
By RuudHesp | 28/08/2020
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is affecting even pilgrims arriving in Santiago de Compostela in search of the final prize, the precious compostela.
This August, at the height of the virus, make the English Way. I will give you all the information you need to lose as little time as possible and go home with the compostela under your arm.
STEP 1: CREDENTIAL
Many of you will know, but it is worth remembering.You must carry the credential with two stamps per stage. In my first journey, one day we were just given one and we were given some problems.
STEP 2: ONLINE REGISTRATION IN ORDER TO COLLECT IT
First novelty in times of coronavirus. When you arrive in Santiago de Compostela, you must register online with your personal data. Attached link:
Eye, it's mandatory, or they won't serve you. Once the registration is done, you must get an SMS or an email to your email with a code that will confirm that the process has been completed. You don't need it, but you just keep it up to you in case you were asked.
STEP 3: COLLECTING THE COMPOSTELA
Once we have our credential correctly completed and have made the record, we can go and collect the compostela to the next place:
But… ATTENTION! ! If before COVID-19 was already a long and boring thing, now even more. Please note:
- The office opens at 10:30h. On the Internet you will see different times, don't listen, the opening hours are this.
- From the opening time, the security guy delivers a few numbers by queue order, these numbers are limited.
- In high season (in my case, August) at 9 a.m. there was already a long tail.I recommend you go around 8 am and wait until 10:30 am to open and distribute tickets. In this way you will have the first numbers and, as soon as they open, you will be the first to enter.
- Once you got the ticket with the number, it has a QR code in which you can see which number they are attending. If you have a high number, you can go and track your phone, back to where there are few numbers in front of you.
- When you get to the office, you may find a sign at the entrance with a QR code. It is to register on the web that I have already indicated in step 2, you do not have to do anything else.
- If you are a group, all members (and each with a ticket) should be there unless you are more than 10 people. In principle, according to the security guy, if you exceed this number and all the pilgrims have made the same route, you can go only one person with all the credentials and DNIs.
With these simple steps you will be sure not to miss more hours of account when collecting your deserved compostela.